We’ve had an oven of scorchers in Boise. Worked up a lather of sweat, have you? Read on.

Posted August 11, 2022 | Published Article Here by Idaho Statesman

Sandy Point, Lucky Peak State Park

Hot enough for you? We’ve had an oven of scorchers, Nancy Napier writes. Adults and children cool down at Lucky Peak State Park’s Sandy Point Unit.  smiller@idahostatesman.com

It’s hot, I’m exhausted, and my brain feels like mush. I need to write something light and fun this week, sparked by a recent safari trip.

We bounced along a dirt road in the bush of Zambia, looking for big animals. Instead, we encountered bustling plump birds, splashed with black and white polka dots, red beaks and orange feet, and scattering in every direction. Our guide stopped the Land Cruiser and pointed.

“And up ahead, you see a confusion of guinea fowl.”

I had to chuckle. Perfect description. When the vehicle kicked up dust and noise, the dozen or so birds jumped around and spread themselves across the road in front of us. Instead of all seeking cover in the same direction, they just split up, bewildered and lost. Confused.

About the Author

Nancy K. Napier, Ph.D., is a Distinguished Professor Emerita at Boise State University, Executive MBA professor of strategy and leadership.