Civil engineering is critical to our modern way of life. It integrates socioeconomic, political, environmental, and technical considerations in the planning, design, and construction of many structures that define our civilization.
Civil Engineers Are Involved In
- developing innovative solutions to characterize and remediate contaminated sites
- engineering treatment and disposal facilities for hazardous and solid wastes
- preserving and fostering sustainable development of natural resources
- protecting society from natural hazards such as earthquakes, landslides and hurricanes
- rebuilding our nation’s deteriorating infrastructure
The Civil Engineering program is advised by an Industrial Advisory Committee made up of members of the civil engineering community interested in the growth and development of the program.
The B.S. program in civil engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.