Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) Lab Day is designed for undergraduate and graduate students in the Pacific Northwest who will benefit from a greater understanding of international safeguards technologies and engagement with PNNL experts.
- Who: University students
- What: Half-day introductory nuclear safeguards course
- When: May 14, 2021
- Where: Virtually via Zoom
- Why: To introduce students to the topics of nuclear nonproliferation and international safeguards and familiarize them with PNNL.
This course features flash-topic seminars that provide introductory knowledge on various nonproliferation and safeguards topics. Highlights of PNNL’s Lab Day include:
- Engage and network with safeguards experts
- Learn about internship opportunities
- Gain introductory knowledge on nuclear safeguards technology, safeguards policy and concepts, environmental sampling, and data
analysis and safeguards.
How to Apply
Please apply to the event on the Nonproliferation Portal at nonproportal.energy.gov
- Registration will be open until April 10, 2021.
- This course is FREE to university students who are accepted.
- Send any questions with respect to logistics or course content to Lab.Day@pnnl.gov.