How to Apply
A prospective student may apply at any time and should follow the general graduate application procedure for degree-seeking students. Content on this page is provided as a quick reference for planning. All official course descriptions/degree requirements/admission standards/program learning outcomes/etc. are published on the Undergraduate/Graduate Catalog site Graduate Catalog site. Updated October 2023
Admission to the PhD and Masters (MS & MEngr) Programs is based on:
- Apply to the Graduate College and satisfy the minimum admission requirements of the Graduate College. International applicants must satisfy the international admissions requirements.
- Applicants are required to have earned at least a baccalaureate degree or master’s degree in a relevant field from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree or master’s degree by the International Admissions office.
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 (based on a 4-point scale) computed for all undergraduate credits from the applicant’s most recent baccalaureate degree.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (unofficial transcripts may be submitted during review process)
- A statement of purpose (no more than 2 pages) outlining educational and professional background, description of research interest, motivation, aptitudes, professional interests and career goals.
- A current CV or resume.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (for international students).
- Three letters of recommendation.