How to Pay for Concurrent Enrollment Classes
How to Pay
Concurrent enrollment courses taken at the student’s high school cost $75 per credit.
Advanced Opportunities Funding
The Idaho Advanced Opportunities Program provides $4,125 in state funding to Idaho public school students to pay for dual credit courses. Students must complete course registration with Boise State AND apply for funding through the Idaho Advanced Opportunities website. Students work closely with their high school counselor to submit their funding requests each semester.
Keep in mind:
- Boise State applies Advanced Opportunities funding to a student’s myBoiseState account after the semester is over. It is important that students monitor their myBoiseState account to ensure funds have been properly applied.
- Failing a course or dropping a course past the concurrent enrollment drop deadline will impact Advanced Opportunities funding eligibility.
- Most common reasons public high school students do NOT receive Advanced Opportunities funding:
- Students/parents do not complete the state participation form.
- Students do not to submit a funding request.
- Students run out of funding.
- Students fail or withdraw from a course after the drop deadline and a hold is placed on their funding.
To learn more about Advanced Opportunities, contact your high school counselor or visit the Idaho Advanced Opportunities website.
Other Payment Options
If you do not qualify for Advanced Opportunities funding, please see payment options listed in this section.
IMPORTANT: If you do not qualify for Advanced Opportunities funding and do not submit a payment for your course fees by the following payment deadlines, you will be dropped from your course for college credit. You will not receive a W on your Boise State transcript, and the course fees will be removed from your student account.
- Fall 2023: October 20, 2023
- Year-Long 2023-24: October 20, 2023
- Spring 2024: March 15, 2024
Electronic Check/Credit Card/Debit Card
- Log on to myBoiseState.
- Under “My Resources”, select “Student Center.”
- Click “Make a Payment” on the Student Financials tile. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete your payment. A convenience fee of 2.75% (minimum $3) will be added to all credit or debit card payments. There is no fee for an electronic check.
- View detailed payment instructions on the Boise State Student Financial Services website.
Check or Money Order
- Make payable to Boise State University.
- Write the student’s name and Boise State ID number on the memo line.
- Mail to Boise State University, Concurrent Enrollment Program, 220 E. Parkcenter Blvd., Boise, ID, 83706-1120.
NOTE: Concurrent Enrollment Program students do not qualify for federal financial aid. Federal aid is designated for students who have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Student Opportunities Assistance Program
The Student Opportunities Assistance Program (SOAP) is an Idaho Advanced Opportunities program for non-public school students. Private school students and home-schooled students can apply for reimbursement to have the cost of their dual credit courses covered. Each student has access to a total of $750 in reimbursable funds. Students can request reimbursement up to $75 per credit per course. Students are required to pay their course fees up front. Then, they submit a reimbursement request through SOAP. For more information, including eligibility and limitations, visit the Student Opportunities Assistance Program website.