PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR ADMISSION:
- Request more information at the bottom of this page to request a transcript review and to discuss endorsement options.
- Note that the three-semester program assumes that your endorsement coursework is completed. You may not begin the program until your endorsement coursework is documented as complete by the program coordinator or you have demonstrated a plan for completion prior to the last semester of the program coordinator.
Applicants are required to have earned at least a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or a degree from a non-U.S. institution of higher education that is judged equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree by the International Admissions office and have an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 (based on a 4-point scale) computed for all undergraduate credits from the applicant’s most recent baccalaureate degree. Admission to the program is based on:
Items to complete in the Graduate College Application:
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Minimum 3.00 GPA in endorsement area.
- A letter of Intent (1-2 pages) describing applicant’s experience and/or potential for working with children and or schools.
- Two letters of recommendation describing applicant’s experience or potential for working with children or schools.
Items to complete in the Office of Teacher Education:
- Completion of an admission interview.
- Criminal history check, a completed fingerprint card and a $27 fee for the background check (check or money order only, made out to the Idaho State Department of Education). Fingerprinting cards are available for pickup in College of Education. For information, please go to the Teacher Education Application page for details.
- Equivalent of 45 semester hours in one endorsement area or a 30/20 split between two endorsement areas, including coursework required by the State.
- Documentation of a passing score on the content area Praxis test (send test results to the Office of Teacher Education)