Skip to main content
Low-Income and First-Generation Students
- You are considered a first-generation college student if your parents/guardians did not have a four-year degree before you were 18.
- You are considered a financially limited college student. Federal low-income guidelines can be found on the Department of Education website.
Students Underrepresented in Doctoral Programs
- This includes members of the following groups: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian/Alaskan Native or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander.
- US citizen or permanent resident.
- Entering the final two years of a Bachelor’s Degree program in the fall.
- Expecting to immediately enter an academic/research graduate program upon graduation (not including professional degrees such as MD, JD, DVM, MBA, etc.).