You might be wondering what it’s like to be a part of Boise State University TRIO Educational Talent Search. Here’s a list of some our most frequently asked questions. See the other pages listed on the right for more information about our program.
- How do you qualify for TRIO?
- These are some ways a student might qualify for TRIO:
- Eligible to receive free/reduced lunch at school
- Neither parent has a Bachelor’s degree
- Academically motivated (2.5 GPA or higher)
- Expressed interest in higher education (2 year, 4 year, tech school, etc)
- How much time does it take to participate in the TRIO program?
- This is up to you – it can take as little as one hour each quarter or 1 hour a week. You decide which services to utilize based on your immediate or future needs.
- Does it cost money to join?
- No – everything in the program is free!
- Why should I join?
- We provide outstanding support, have great services that are free of charge, and you will be more likely to achieve your educational goals.
- What will I be required to do?
- Once you have been accepted in the program, you will be required to participate in one activity, event, or workshop each semester – you choose the activity as well as how much time to commit.
- How long can I be in the program?
- Until you graduate from high school. You can then join some of our sister programs as you continue your educational goals.