TRIO Teacher Preparation Program
The TRIO Teacher Prep Program is a federally funded TRIO Student Support Services grant program located within Boise State University’s Center for Multicultural and Educational Opportunities. TRIO Teacher Prep is a high impact academic support unit designed to enroll, serve, and graduate 125 first-generation students, limited income students, and/or students with a documented disability into the teaching profession.
The goal of the TRIO Teacher Preparation Program is to encourage and support students who are either first-generation students, limited income students, or students who have a disability to pursue and attain an undergraduate degree in education.
To qualify for the TRIO Teacher Preparation Program, a student must be working towards his or her first undergraduate degree in any education major, and be an American citizen or a permanent resident. In addition, at least one of the following three statements must be true:
- I am a first-generation college student (i.e., neither parent/legal guardian earned a four-year undergraduate degree before I was 18)
- I am a student who meets current US Federal Limited-Income guidelines
- I am a student with a documented disability
- Academic advising
- Individualized tutoring for lower division coursework
- High quality Praxis I & II assistance
- Additional Grant-aid to Freshmen and Sophomores
- Financial literacy development and scholarship and FAFSA support
- Development of study strategies and writing and math skills
- Access to the TRIO Student Success Program computer lab
- Educational student engagement opportunities
Apply for the Teacher Prep Program!
If you feel you, or someone you know, may qualify to be a part of the TRIO Teacher Preparation Program, please click the button below to apply.
Meet the 2020-2021 TRIO Cohort!
Because many of our incoming TRIO Rising Scholars and TRIO Teacher Prep students won’t be able to meet each other in person for a while, we asked them all to submit a photo and some fun facts about themselves so that we can get to know them virtually!
Click the link below to get to know them!
The staff in both the TRIO Rising Scholars and the TRIO Teacher Prep Programs would like to clearly declare to our entire TRIO Community that we support and are committed to anti-racism and more broadly, to anti-oppression.
We also acknowledge that we can better engage in learning, listening, and discussion on both individual and staff levels if we are to be a thriving and inclusive community. Social justice work is related to every aspect of our lives and we must remain constantly engaged in order to improve life for all.
We are currently evaluating opportunities for learning and discussion on matters of diversity and inclusion, and anti-oppression in peer-to-peer meetings, as a staff and as a community. And as we enter the upcoming fall 2020 semester, we will ask for your input on how we can further shape and maintain this plan into the future. Please stay tuned as we get closer to the fall semester.
Connect with us on Social Media
Teacher Prep – Facebook