TRIO Teacher Preparation Program
The TRIO Teacher Prep Program is a federal TRIO Student Support Services program funded by a $233,781 grant administered by the US Department of Education. TRIO Teacher Prep is located within Boise State University’s Center for Multicultural and Educational Opportunities. TRIO Teacher Prep is a high impact academic support unit designed to enroll, serve, and graduate 125 first-generation students, limited income students, and/or students with a documented disability into the teaching profession.
The goal of the TRIO Teacher Preparation Program is to encourage and support students who are either first-generation students, limited income students, or students who have a disability to pursue and attain an undergraduate degree in education.
To be eligible for the TRIO Teacher Preparation Program, you must be a student working towards an undergraduate degree in any education major. You must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- A first-generation college student, or
- A financially limited college student, or
- A student with a documented disability.
- Academic advising
- Individualized tutoring for lower division coursework
- High quality Praxis assistance
- Additional Grant-aid to Freshmen and Sophomores
- Financial literacy development and scholarship and FAFSA support
- Access to the TRIO Student Success Program computer lab
- Educational student engagement opportunities
2021 Graduate Showcase
Congratulations to the class of 2021! We are so proud of all of you for your hard work, dedication, and commitment. Check out our TRIO Graduate Showcase to see pictures and words of wisdom from our 2021 graduates.
Apply for the Teacher Prep Program!
If you feel you, or someone you know, may qualify to be a part of the TRIO Teacher Preparation Program, please click the button below to apply.