TRIO Rising Scholars Program
We believe students from all socioeconomic backgrounds should have equal opportunity to earn a post-secondary education. We assist students in the transition from being a typical college student to a scholar who is well-connected, engaged, and heading down a path of success. The Boise State University TRIO Rising Scholars Program is designed to help students achieve their dream of graduating from college with an undergraduate degree in a humanities or business field.
To be eligible for TRIO Rising Scholars, you must be a student working towards an undergraduate degree in a humanities or business field. You must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- A first-generation college student, or
- A financially limited college student, or
- A student with a documented disability.
- Free individual tutoring for any freshman or sophomore level course.
- One-on-one advising.
- Academic development skills training
- Career and major exploration.
- Social and cultural opportunities.
2022 TRIO Graduates
Congratulations to the class of 2022! We are so proud of all of you for your hard work, dedication, and commitment. Check out our TRIO Graduate Showcase to see pictures and words of wisdom from our 2022 graduates.
Apply for the TRS Program!
If you feel you, or someone you know, may qualify to be a part of the TRIO Rising Scholars Program (TRS) please click the button below to apply.