Congratulations Refik Sadikovic, 2020 University Foundations teaching award recipient

Refik Sadikovic

Congratulations to Refik Sadikovic, one of the 2020 University Foundations Teaching Award recipients. Sadikovic is a lecturer in the Literacy, Language and Culture department.

“Receiving this award is a great honor that recognizes my work,” said Sadikovic. “It gives me an amazing feeling.”

Recipients are nominated by fellow instructors or department chairs based on evidence of exemplary teaching, creativity in course design or implementation, and excellence in translating disciplinary methods of inquiry to non-majors. The awards were created in 2019 to recognize University Foundations instructors.

Student nomination excerpt:

“I wanted to let Boise State know that as a student I appreciate that classes like this, on Ethics and Diversity, are offered to us. It is incredibly important for students to learn about ethical behavior and the value of diversity. This knowledge helps us develop into better, and more compassionate citizens. Thank you Boise State for supporting diversity in our campus, and for having diverse faculty, (like professor Sadikovic), that can inspire students with their own life stories and diverse life experiences.”

See all 2020 Award Recipients