Receive $10,000 with the Horatio Alger Boise State University Scholarship
Funded by Association Member Robert G. Miller
The Horatio Alger Boise State University Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to students currently in their freshman year at Boise State University who have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. Each year seven scholarships, valued at $10,000 each, will be awarded to deserving students at Boise State.
Eligibility: Students selected for the Horatio Alger Boise State University Scholarship will exhibit the following characteristics:
- current freshmen who are entering their sophomore year in the fall of 2021 at Boise State University;
- critical financial need ($55,000 or less family income);
- currently be a resident of the State of Idaho;
- demonstrate integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity;
- maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average; and
- be a citizen of the United States
For more information and to apply online, please see:
Deadline is March 15
First-Year Writing Advising
Email FYWP@boisestate.edu for all questions and concerns related to:
- Enrolling in ENGL 101, 101P, 101M and 102
- ACT/SAT/AP test scores that may qualify for first-year writing equivalency
- Transfer courses that may qualify for first-year writing equivalency
- Permission Number requests
- The Write Class placement tool
- Requests to Exceed Maximum Course Registration
- Academic Adjustments or Credit for Prior Learning
English Literature Advising
If you have declared your major as English Literature, the name of your academic advisor should be available to you in Student Center. If you have not yet been assigned an advisor, or would like to speak with an English Literature faculty member about the possibility of majoring in English Literature, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a referral.
The Writing Center
The Boise State University Writing Center is a free service open to all members of the campus community students, faculty, and staff. We offer support and encouragement to all writers, primarily through one-to-one and email consultations.
English Language Support
English Language Learners come from diverse backgrounds and have a variety of educational experiences. Boise State University has many programs that can help students as well as faculty to make the university experience a success. Check out English Language Support for more information.