The Overwatch team is a Varsity title at Boise State and players are eligible to receive scholarships. The team is selected from current and incoming Boise State students. Top recruits should expect to be ranked 4400SR and above, although opportunities will be available for some players to develop as roles are needed.
- Competitive play between candidates with observation from directors, coaches, and analysts.
- Teaching, demonstration, and knowledge assessment.
- Competitive scrims with teams inside and outside of Boise State University
Players will likely play for several hours at a time in the same groupings while receiving coaching and instruction between rounds, maps, and games. Players will play their primary role. Groups will be switched and/or players substituted. Please do not audition with a preset squad in mind. Flexibility is key.
time at the university to play on varsity esports teams. They do not need to be enrolled full time during auditions.
They must maintain a 3.0 GPA to be eligible to participate in matches or scrims and must abide by the code of conduct.
Team Benefits include:
- Recognition as official varsity team of the university
- Open access to Battleground training center
- Broadcasts, highlights, features, press
- Scheduled season / arranged scrims
- Gear / Jerseys
- Potential for travel
- Potential for scholarships/financial aid opportunities
- Maintain grades and academic performance
- Attendance at team practices and selected matches
- Uphold the “Bronco Code”, Student-athlete conduct agreement
- Maintain guidelines outlined in Boise State eSports student-athlete handbook