Graduate Assistantship for Graduate College
The Graduate College is seeking to hire a part-time Graduate Service Assistant for Spring 2021 to support outreach and communication efforts through the Graduate College website. This position will design, build, test, and maintain the custom web applications to meet the needs of the graduate community. These efforts will help to improve the website as an effective communication tool for conveying important information to current and prospective students as well as faculty and staff.
Under the supervision of the Senior Communications Coordinator, the position will be responsible for and assist with the following:
- Daily maintenance and review of the Graduate College webpages (i.e., link checking, misspellings, broken links)
- Assist and collaborate with the Graduate College team on website maintenance and improvement projects
- Assist with strategy, layout, and edits to maximize the Graduate College’s use of the university web design
- Review website maintenance log and track changes
- Implement Graduate College brand and ensure consistency throughout website
- Work within the university WordPress templates to create and pitch new ideas for engaging web pages
- Creatively develop new ways to use and promote various media, such as video and images
- Analyze analytics to make data-driven website decisions
- Applicants must be active in a graduate degree program at Boise State University and enrolled in a minimum of five (5) credits during the duration of the appointment.
- Graduate students enrolled in programs that are classified as Self-support are not eligible.
- Experience with WordPress and HTML
- Knowledge of web content best practices
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for editing and catching errors
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills with complex technical subjects and tasks
- Effective communicator (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively
- Ability to plan projects: analyze project requirements, define tasks and their outcomes
- Adhere to university web accessibility guidelines, university policies, and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Hours and Compensation
- Partial Graduate Assistant position includes salary, payment of half the spring tuition (self-support courses not included), and full coverage on the GA health insurance plan. In the case where the GA is a non-resident, non-resident tuition will be waived.
- Work obligation is 10 hours per week, January – May 2021; flexible start and end date with possibility of renewal. Salary will be paid at $15.00 per hour (hours must be reported in the Time and Labor system and approved). This position will operate remotely. Hours are typically scheduled Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm.
Please apply on Handshake or submit your resume and a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for the position. Required documents should be emailed to Kinzi Dorr at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the applicant pool has been identified.
Offer is subject to a background check. For general information about Graduate Assistantships, see the Graduate College website.