Dear Pre-Medical Studies/Pre-Physician Assistant Students
We will have a scribe recruitment program at 6:30 pm on Monday 2/11 in Norco 112. Representatives from Vituity, the company that hires and manages scribes for the St. Alphonsus system, will be on hand to discuss employment opportunities. If you want to try to get a scribe job – this is a great meeting to attend.
Scribes work closely with physicians and health care providers to supply real-time charting of physician and patient encounters during medical exams. Scribes are responsible for a variety of clerical tasks that include retrieving medical records, documenting the results of diagnostic tests, and preparing discharge instructions while maintaining the flow of the clinic.
Vituity is one of the largest in-house provider of scribes in the country with over 1500 scribe employees in over 50 Emergency Departments, Hospitalist Departments, Psychiatric Inpatient, and outside clinics. Our scribes successfully facilitate lasting partnerships between physicians, local communities and universities, patients and hospital staff. Our Scribe Alumni Program is designed for those interested in pursuing these connections throughout their career.
- First-hand exposure to a clinical setting for undergraduates or post-baccalaureate students pursuing a career in healthcare
- Great opportunity for students taking time off before Medical, PA or NP school
- Scribe hours are counted towards clinical training for most PA programs
- Work one-on-one with physicians and other health care providers
- Become proficient in medical terminology
- Outstanding networking and resume building opportunities