Saint Alphonsus Medical Mobile Outreach Intern
At Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center we stand with and serve those who are most vulnerable, particularly the poor, minorities, and other underserved groups, by improving health status and quality of life. The Mobile Health Clinic’s goals:
- Improve access to health care services.
- Enhance the health of the community.
- Advance medical or health care knowledge.
- Relieve or reduce the burden of government or other community efforts.
Saint Alphonsus Nampa Hospital is looking for a Health Science, Public Health or Science Intern to join our Medical Mobile Health Clinic outreach team in Canyon County. Interns will be working out of our Nampa hospital and the medical motorhome in the community.
- Assist coordinator in organizing monthly medical outreaches in Nampa, Caldwell, and Wilder
- Assist with materials/charts/marketing information/medical supplies, regarding the outreach program
- Assist with communication between community partners attending mobile outreaches
- Assist with marketing and phone calling for outreach events
- Attend bi-monthly medical outreaches and help with set up, directing volunteer assignments, registration
- Assist in gathering data at outreach events for grant requests, reporting and presentations
Undergraduate student in a health fields with an understanding of underserved groups. Outgoing and comfortable in large group settings. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with knowledge of Excel and Word. Bilingual in Spanish is required.
Spring 2020 Internship Details
Student internships for Spring Session 2020 January 14th to May 8th
1 credit 45 hours or 2 credits – 90 intern hours (or not for credit is possible too)
Non-paid internship. Transportation provided from the Nampa Saint Alphonsus campus to outreach sites.
Hospital orientation, immunizations, background check and drug testing required (see attached below)
Spring session: Deadline to apply- January 18, 2020
Send a cover letter and resume to Maria Lee RTT Mobile Outreach Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions/information please e-mail Maria Lee at email@example.com