Summer 2020 St. Luke’s Applied Research and Sports Medicine Concussion Clinic Internship Opportunity
The St. Luke’s Applied Research Division is offering a unique and dynamic learning experience in the St. Luke’s Applied Research & Sports Medicine located in downtown Boise.
- Specific duties may include:
Entering and verifying concussion clinic patient data in a database.
- Working with interdisciplinary teams of medical and public health experts to conduct data analyses in Excel.
- Meeting with concussion clinic staff, applied research coordinators and scientists
- Learn about concussion and contribute to the development of research questions and specific aims to inform future research at St. Luke’s.
- Presenting a summary of the work completed to the concussion clinic and applied research staff at the conclusion of the internship.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all projects and study data discussed during scientific and management meetings in which they are involved.
- Complete all other duties as assigned
Direct Supervisor: Hilary Flint Ph.D., M.P.H
Work Location: St. Luke’s Plaza in Boise, Idaho
Hours Per Week:
- For this unpaid opportunity, students will need to enroll in 3 credits of Academic Internship, with at least junior standing during the semester.
- Students must be willing to commit to 10 hours a week (minimum 135 hours a semester) on-site at St. Luke’s Health System.
- Shift times can vary based on the student’s schedule but a total of 10 hours a week must be completed Monday to Friday between 8 am to 4 pm.
Duration of Internship: Minimum of one academic term.
Apply no later than Monday, March 16th by 8 am. Interviews will begin as soon as we have sufficient applicants and will stop once candidates are found.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to: