Fort Worth Zoo Conservation Expedition – Travel to the British Virgin Islands to help the Anegada iguana (Cyclura pinguis)
The Fort Worth Zoo is seeking participants to provide support for its Anegada iguana conservation project. All participants will play a direct role in conservation research and gain valuable skills in field methods.
- Session 1: May 12 to 20, 2020
- Session 2: May 21 to 29, 2020
- Session 3: July 14 to 22, 2020
- Session 4: July 23 to 31, 2020
Location: Anegada, British Virgin Islands
Cost: $1625 per person
Group size: Seven to 12 participants plus a project leader
As a participant you will:
- Learn field research methods such as distance sampling, mark-recapture and GPS
- Learn plant survey techniques and assist in iguana diet studies
- Assist researchers with camera-trapping surveys
- Conduct feral cat surveys
- Learn radio-tracking techniques
For more information and to apply, please contact Kelly Bradley, Fort Worth Zoo conservation biologist, at email@example.com or 817-759-7173.