Boise State introduces a new club officially recognized by the Associated Students of Boise State University. Nichole Lasich, clinical instructor in the School of Allied Health Sciences’ Department of Community and Environmental Health, is the advisor of the Public Health Club at Boise State University.
Molly Volk is the president of the club, which is open to all students who are interested in health and who want to network with professionals in the health sector. The club meets at 5 p.m. on the second Wednesday of every month in the Boise State Student Union Building. If interested, students are encouraged to attend meetings and to join through Orgsync, a networking website for student clubs.
The Public Health Club was created to:
- educate students on how to partake in a healthy lifestyle,
- help students get involved in health events on campus and in the community,
- promote health and health awareness,
- create opportunities for members to network and communicate with professionals, and
- provide people with opportunities to practice a healthy lifestyle.