Learn how to avoid scams and protect your identity at Scam Jam on Saturday, June 20, in the Student Union Jordan Ballroom. Parking is available in the Lincoln Avenue Garage at no charge.
Register by June 15 at 1-877-926-8300 or online at aarp.cvent.com/BoiseScamJam.
The event is sponsored by several advocacy groups, nonprofits and government agencies, including Boise State University’s Center for the Study of Aging.
The free, interactive seminar features expert speakers, educational resources and strategies for recognizing fraud and preventing identity theft at a national, regional and community level.
The schedule is as follows:
- 8-9 a.m. — Registration & resources
- 9-9:15 a.m. — Opening ceremonies
- 9:15-10:15 a.m. — Paul Greenwood, deputy district attorney and head of the Elder Abuse Prosecution Unit for the San Diego DA’s Office
- 10:20-11 a.m. — Breakout sessions
- 11-11:10 a.m. — Break
- 11:10-11:50 a.m. — Dale Dixon, president and CEO of the Better Business Bureau
- Noon-1 p.m. — Lunch
- 1-1:40 p.m. — Medicare Fraud Protection: Pam Catt-Oliason, Idaho Commission on Aging and Shannon Hohl, Senior Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
- 1:45-2:25 p.m. — Identity Theft Panel
- 2:25-2:35 p.m. — Break
- 2:35-3:15 p.m. — Breakout sessions
- 3:20 p.m. — Closing ceremonies and prize drawings
Previous Scam Jams have been held in Lewiston, Rupert, Weiser and Hailey. The program is funded through grants and the Idaho Scam Jam Alliance at no cost to taxpayers.