Health Services, as part of the BroncoFit initiative, has created a hydration challenge for Boise State employees. The challenge, called Swig64, was created to encourage employees to drink at least 64 ounces of water per day for 28 days.
About 200 employees signed up for the challenge. Each employee was able to earn bonus points each week by participating in different activities in addition to tracking their water intake. These activities included watching educational videos about water and hydration and posting a picture of themselves “swigging” their water.
Health Services received donations for prizes from Campus Rec, the Bookstore, and Whole Foods. Prize winners are listed below:
- Teri Carrigan, RADAR Center
- Anita Lasher, Veterans Upward Bound
- Diane Jensen Donald, Student Financial Services
- Kori Whitney, Office of the Registrar
- Laura Mathews, COBE Idaho Small Business Development Center
- Courtney Bohl, Advising and Academic Enhancement
- Shay Rotsinger, Office of the Registrar
- Dawn Weiler, COHS School of Nursing
- Corrie Newland, Office of Sponsored Programs
- Sherepta McLeod, COHS School of Nursing