The Center for the Study of Aging is hosting the eighth annual Family Caregiver Conference on Saturday, February 9 from 9:00am – 5:00pm in the Student Union Building at Boise State University. The Conference is sponsored by the Idaho Caregiver Alliance in partnership with Idaho Parents Unlimited, Idaho Commission on Aging, Legacy Corps by Jannus, Saint Alphonsus, Molina Healthcare, Blue Cross of Idaho, AARP Idaho, and the Boise State University Center for the Study of Aging.
The event is intended to celebrate caregivers and to help them build a toolbox of care knowledge and strategies provided by inspiring speakers. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in multiple breakout sessions and an information exposition.
Breakout Sessions Include:
- Be Prepared – Advanced Care Planning
- Behavioral Health Resource Panel
- Certified Family Homes – Why, How, When?
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Hiring an In-home Caregiver – Tips and Best Practices
- Idaho Medicare Dual Eligible Program
- Supportive Decision Making
- Technology and Caregiving – What’s That App?
- Transitions from Childhood to Adulthood
- Veterans Administration Resources for Caregivers
Registration for the conference is now open with a fee of $25 before February 1, and increases to $35 after February 1. Registration includes lunch, morning and afternoon snacks, and parking. Travel Scholarships are available to those attending from outside the Treasure Valley.