Choosing your roommate is a big deal, and that’s why we use Roommate Matching to help you in that process. Roommate Matching allows you to create your roommate profile and search for matches based on things like academic major, lifestyle preferences, mutual friends, hobbies, and interests. The result? You’ll have compatible roommates and you’ll all be more prepared to work through your differences.
How it works
When Roommate Matching is available, you will receive an email to your Boise State account with the link to your Housing Portal.
- Log into your Housing Portal and return to your completed application. There will be an option within your application to fill out a personal bio and living preferences for roommate matching.
- Once your profile is complete, you can start looking for roommates! You can find your roommate by either:
- Searching for a specific individual by their Boise State email address
- Looking at our recommendations based on what you listed in your preferences
- Browsing through other students profiles
- Found a roommate for next year? You can send them a roommate request. Once your request is accepted, you two will be matched as roommates.
- Make sure you and your roommate talk about your housing preferences. Who wants what room? What are you bringing? Discuss these and any other questions you may have.
Didn’t match with anyone during roommate matching? Don’t worry, go ahead and complete your roommate profile anyway, we might be able to assign you with someone who has a similar profile. If you apply after Roommate Matching has closed but you know who you want to live with, send us an email at email@example.com. Requests made outside Roommate Matching will be accommodated as best as possible.