Summer Crew gets to actively perform maintenance and custodial duties in preparation for incoming/outgoing guests, sustain the safety, cleanliness & beautification of the residence halls.
Please note that the Summer Crew position is anticipated to begin the second week of May 2023 and goes through early August 2023.
Job Responsibilities Overview:
Anticipated Position Period: Mid-May 2023- Early August 2023
- Maintain professionalism by wearing the appropriate uniform during all work shifts, and arrive at your shift on time with a positive attitude.
- Crew will clean (turn) rooms as assigned.
- Perform minor repairs such as and custodial work such as cleaning windows, stairwells, mopping, scrubbing toilets, and removing recycling/trash from common areas.
- Ensure residence hall common areas, maintenance offices, workrooms, laundry rooms, and adjacent spaces are presentable and professional at all times.
- Report hall maintenance needs appropriate personnel and enter work requests.
- Assist residents and guests with questions and troubleshoot/resolve customer complaints in an honest and constructive manner.
- Complete pre-arrival preparation including setting clean linens and ensuring our facilities are presentable.
- Replenish supplies during guests stays (toilet paper, soap, and blankets).
- Complete post-departure room cleaning including removal of linen, trash, vacuum, and wipe down all surfaces as directed.
- Document all billable damages, stolen, or missing items.
- Report and/or appropriately log lost and found items.
- Responsibly use University owned/leased vehicles and equipment. Complete daily work log and submit to Supervisor.