Job Standard for Athletics Compliance Specialist, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Athletics Compliance Specialist, Associate Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75637
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: General Administration
- Function: Compliance
This position is responsible for monitoring the procedures of NCAA Compliance for the Athletic Department.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self-development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Ability to generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with corporate community, maintain a high level of communication skills and the ability to work well with many people
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Knowledge of NCAA Compliance Software
60% of Time the Athletics Compliance Specialist, Associate must:
- Responsible for maintaining NCAA, Conference and Boise State rules Compliance.
- Participate and assist in various NCAA rules education initiatives and curriculum.
- Assist with responding to all interpretive issues in accordance with office policy.
- Assist with coordination of reporting, investigating and filing all violations in accordance with office policy.
- Assist with compiling waivers for the NCAA and Conference pursuant to office policy.
- Monitor and maintain compliance web pages and social media sites.
- Assist with compliance software and all compliance forms.
- Assist with monitoring recruiting activities including recruiting calendars, recruiting contacts, evaluations and telephone calls.
35% of Time the Athletics Compliance Specialist, Associate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletics Compliance Specialist, Associate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.