Job Standard for Athletics Player Personnel Coordinator, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletics Player Personnel Coordinator, Associate Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75654
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
Manage administrative recruiting duties for the football program and aid in the coordination of on-campus recruiting functions for potential football student athletes.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Football coaching experience and/or playing experience and/or administrative experience.
- Ability to compare and organize prospects into priority lists
60% of Time the Athletics Player Personnel Coordinator, Associate must:
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining effective correspondence with prospects for the highly visible program football program
- Research, develop and maintain the recruit board through the internet, scouting services, recommendations by colleges, etc.
- Organize written and electronic correspondence for coaches to send to prospects
- Supervise and train video interns to assist with recruiting operations.
- Responsible to oversee and maintain the film log system of video and DVD’s of all designated and unsolicited prospective student-athletes.
- Assist in organizing arrangements for on-campus and game day recruiting weekends.
- Manage recruitment and student host entertainment allowance, compiling 48 hour itinerary and schedule appointments with many athletic department staff.
- This position will oversee the Bronco Football walk-on program and all unofficial visits throughout the year
35% of Time the Athletics Player Personnel Coordinator, Associate
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletics Player Personnel Coordinator, Associate
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Athletics Player Personnel Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.