Job Standard for Academic Data/Project Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Academic Data/Project Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75650
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family:Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
Manage the administrative, logistical, and communication requirements for completing research projects. Work closely with participating schools, oversee data collection activities, help prepare research papers and presentations related to this project, and other duties as assigned.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Danielson Framework for Teaching, Council for Exceptional Children Professional Standards, Teacher Certification requirements and Career Ladders in Idaho.
- Knowledge of Evidence Based Practices for special education instruction.
- Skills to communicate effectively with school personnel including families, teachers and administrators
- Teaching Certification in special education or closely related field
- Knowledge of Excel
60% of Time the Academic Data/Project Coordinator must:
- Provide regular communication of teacher evaluation research program w/relevant stakeholders
- Prepare rating manuals and other technical documents to support project implementation.
- Serve as a project representative at state conferences and relevant state meetings.
- Prepare annual reports for the funding agency related to project goals.
- Establish relationships with K-12 schools for field sites
- Prepare and disseminate monthly and annual reports on the program’s goals and objectives.
- Prepare literature reviews that inform continued progress of this project
- Work closely with the College of Education Business Manager
- Review monthly budget reports
- Assist in the analysis of data and dissemination of findings through publications, conference presentations, and electronic media
- Develop and maintain electronic communications (blog/social network site/email listserv/webinar) with participants of the program
35% of Time the Academic Data/Project Coordinator
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Academic Data/Project Coordinator
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Academic Data/Project Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.