Job Standard for Academic Operations Coordinator, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Academic Operations Coordinator, Associate Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75504
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
Responsible for maintaining the coordination of all facets of the course set-up and student enrollment process for the program: scheduling visits with partner high schools, doing classroom presentations, and coordinating the processing of registrations submitted by students, coordination of class evaluations.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong presentation skills, public speaking skills, strong time management skills.
- Strong computer literacy, Word, Excel, PeopleSoft student records.
- Knowledge of markets (schools, students needs), application, registration, and transcript transfer process as well as high school procedures and processes, including distance education delivery methods and the administrative and support structure that goes with that method.
- Strong problem solving skills, as well as strong written and verbal skills. Conflict management and negotiation skills. Event planning and hosting.
60% of Time the Academic Operations Coordinator, Associate must:
- Assumes responsibility for meeting with teachers, school administrators, counselors and parents and students, on an on-going basis to promote programs and initiate efforts for new articulation of courses and maintain existing ones.
- Responsible for record keeping, data gathering with regard to students and courses that are part of the program.
- Coordinates with Registrars, Payment and Disbursement, and Admissions in regards to student’s and course administration involved with the program.
- Coordinates the fall and spring registration process for concurrent enrollment students. Makes individual presentations about program and registration information in individual classrooms across the valley.
- Collaborates with the promotion and processing of student scholarships.
- Maintain and update website information on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with the development of program publications in print and on-line.
- Assists with data gathering for evaluation of process of program
- Oversees the distribution of class evaluations for the students.
35% of Time the Academic Operations Coordinator, Associate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Academic Operations Coordinator, Associate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.