Job Standard for Academic Planning Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Academic Planning Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75490
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Instructional Services
The Academic Program Coordinator is responsible for the operational duties related to the planning, coordination, volunteer activities, and financial transactions of the unit.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manage/coordinate projects to ensure that work is carried out in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work efficiently individually and in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and against deadlines
- Able to analyze and depict data and interpret results.
- Program development experience
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to compile and organize data to derive meaningful insights, including the ability to communicate clearly verbally and in written, numerical, and graphical form.
- Position requires a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, ability to multitask, ability to adhere to deadlines, and ability to adhere to ethical and legal standards.
60% of Time the Academic Planning Coordinator must:
- Coordinator and support of academic planning accreditation, compliance, curriculum changes, and academic analytics.
- Inspire, develop, and promote innovative special learning opportunities to complement core program offerings.
- Regularly attend curriculum committee meetings to stay abreast of member interests, and cultivate member and community relationships that favor Osher programming ideas.
- Work closely and collaboratively to coordinate proper scheduling of special events into the standard curriculum.
- Develop, implement, and manage a robust volunteer program with processes for recruitment, training, retention, and recognition of member-volunteers.
- Lead and coordinate the volunteer committee and serve as staff liaison for this and other member and advisory board committees, as assigned.
- Manage the day-to-day activities
- Serve as the point-person with instructors approximately a month prior to, and for the duration of his/her commitment to ensure they are well-supported and their needs are met.
- Process relevant financial transactions to ensure accurate monthly and annual budget reports for the director’s review.
35% of Time the Academic Planning Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Academic Planning Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Academic Planning Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.