Job Standard for Academic Programs Coordinator, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Academic Programs Coord., Sr. Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75004
- Pay Grade: P3
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
To coordinate the daily operations and provide high-level support to the Executives of the program/and or department.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Manage multiple projects and processes simultaneously
- Work at a fast pace with minimal supervision
- Give strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Meet deadlines
60% of Time the Academic Programs Coordinator, Associate must:
- Responsible for the daily operations of assigned program elements
- Ensure program needs are met, resources are identified and recommendations are implemented for improvements or enhancements.
- Implement new or revised program goals, processes or activities to achieve effective performance.
- Recommends necessary changes for improved services and implements, as appropriate.
- Communicates the development of program activities and implements marketing strategies to promote the success of each program initiative.
- Prepares reports and maintains records on program activities and progress.
- Interacts with students, faculty, staff and the community to facilitate program objectives.
- Performs many complex office tasks
- Provides program information and program guidance (including rules and requirements) to current and prospective students.
- Provides substantial support to the admissions committee and applicants in the admissions process.
35% of Time the Academic Programs Coordinator, Associate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Academic Programs Coordinator, Associate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Academic Programs Coordinator, Associate
Academic Programs Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.