Job Standard for Academic Programs Coordinator, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Academic Program Coord., Sr. Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75630
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
Responsible for performing coordinative and administrative duties in the facilitation of support for the specified department.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Experience with process improvement, problem solving, and strong analytical skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Respond with adaptability to rapidly changing priorities and work well under pressure.
- Perform in a manner that is reliable, dedicated, productive and exhibits strong self-initiative.
- Good relational skills as well as the ability to partner effectively both internally and externally.
60% of Time the Academic Programs Coord., Sr. must:
- Contributing to divisional project teams, developing and implementing initiatives emerging from strategic planning.
- Coordinates, monitors, and implements academic program related activities, following policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the evaluation of program operations, course offerings, projects, processes, and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with various university faculty and staff to complete various program related projects in alignment with deadlines.
- Collects, manages, and edits data for academic program reports.
- Ensures availability and delivery of support services are provided to the programs.
- Develop, coordinate, deliver, and evaluate educational programs and training sessions, webinars, presentations, professional development offerings and in-person training.
- Analyzes data, generates and/or assists with, and disseminates periodic reports.
- Works collaboratively to set program goals and coordinates the evaluation of program operations, course offerings, projects, processes, and procedures.
- Responds to requests for information from faculty, staff, students, outside agencies, and community partners.
35% of Time the Academic Programs Coord., Sr.
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Academic Programs Coord., Sr.
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Academic Programs Coord., Sr.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.