Job Standard for Academic Programs Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Academic Programs Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75014
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
This position has administrative responsibility for coordination of complex academic program elements requiring collaboration with students, faculty, and other departments and programs.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and use reference manuals to develop proficiency with software or computer systems.
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills in the preparation and presentation of results.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively prioritize and work on multiple tasks with concurrent deadlines and demonstrate excellent time management skills and efficiency.
60% of Time the Academic Programs Coordinator must:
- Provides administrative support
- Facilitates the delivery of required program services.
- Maintain students files/records.
- Analyzes data, generates and/or assists with, and disseminates periodic reports (monthly and semester).
- May provide support to student groups.
- May oversee the work of less experienced employees or students.
- May independently manage specific program activities.
- Planning and executing assigned projects and operations within the specified department
- Other duties as assigned
35% of Time the Academic Programs Coordinator
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Academic Programs Coordinator
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Academic Programs Coordinator
Academic Programs Coordinator, Senior
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.