Job Standard for Accounts Payable, Supervisor
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Accounts Payable, Supervisor Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75221
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: Finance & Business Operations
- Function: Finance
In partnership with the Accounts Payable Manager, this position helps manage the daily operation of the University’s Travel program and the entertainment/business expense reimbursement system.
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to implement and enforce policy in a respectful and customer service-oriented manner
- Must be able to work independently, exercising discretion and sound judgment
- Experience documenting and improving processes and procedures
- Knowledge of supervisory practices
60% of Time the Accounts Payable, Supervisor must:
- Responsible for Travel and Entertainment (T&E) operations
- Supervise the Accounts Payable staff including hiring, training, assigning and directing work-flow of the staff
- Responsible to identify training needs of staff and provide said training
- Communicate with internal and external customers on Federal, State, and University policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Monitor processes and procedures to maintain the integrity of the internal controls to prevent audit findings and monetary risks to the university, such as fraud, duplicate payments, and penalties for non-compliance
- Oversee the automated processes of the T&E system module and develop query tools to assist with research and help resolve system issues
- Develop and maintain databases to assist with reporting and daily work efficiencies
35% of Time the Accounts Payable, Supervisor
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Accounts Payable, Supervisor
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Accounts Payable, Supervisor
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.