Job Standard for Admissions Supervisor
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Admissions Supervisor Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75489
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Supervisor
- Family: Student Services
- Function: Registrar & Records
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Admissions customer service unit and supervision of staff. As well, this position provides leadership in delivering strong, positive customer service to future students and families.
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. Sets and delegates day-to-day tasks to achieve operational objectives. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Problems typically involve a single area, process or constituent group. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in providing quality customer service
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work in an automated environment
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft, Hobsons Connect, and an imaging system preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to understand and follow university and state guidelines
- Supervisory skills
- Knowledge of Boise State academic programs and student life areas
- Customer service, diplomacy, marketing
60% of Time the Admissions Supervisor must:
- Advise students based on circumstances unique to individuals, including analyzing and evaluating the needs of prospective students and determining appropriate response/referral.
- Provide leadership in the ongoing development of a positive customer service model; including accurately assessing needs, determining appropriate protocol by researching best practices nationally and implementing new processes.
- Collaborate with other enrollment service departments and provide leadership to support a positive customer service orientation.
- Hire, train, develop, and directly supervise all Customer Service Representatives.
- Coordinate all work schedules to ensure adequate coverage to meet cycle of demand; includes collaborating with other supervisors in the unit to share projects based on priority of projects and level of need.
- Effectively communicate university policies to staff; ensure that staff understand and can also articulate university policy to students.
- Effectively use University data systems in order to provide high quality customer service
35% of Time the Admissions Supervisor
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Admissions Supervisor
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.