Job Standard for Alumni Relations, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Alumni Relations, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75426
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: External Affairs
- Function: Alumni
This position is responsible for major Alumni Association events, implementation of marketing campaigns to create increased brand awareness, lead and supervise communication efforts to enhance the perception of the Boise State Alumni Association.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, products or services. communication skills and work well with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve
- Ability to compose written material with a succinct message and free of spelling or grammatical errors
- Ability to maintain professional flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing processes, program information and priorities.
- Experience in alumni relations or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated track record of success in marketing and communications
- Ability to work and excel in a team environment
- Knowledge of the internet and on-line technology
- Ability to travel
60% of Time the Alumni Relations, Senior will
- Serve as an advocate for the university and act in the best interest of the university in establishing a level of quality and production associated with university events.
- Create, coordinate, and implement all events in alignment with the Association’s strategic objectives while working collaboratively with the entire alumni team including staff, board members, advancement staff, university employees.
- Event management which includes tailgate parties (home and away), Awards banquets, graduation celebrations and other events as necessary in addition to serving as lead event coordinator for Boise State’s Homecoming Celebration and alumni liaison with biennial Boise State Auction.
- Recruit and lead working campus committee; oversee all meetings including writing and distributing meeting minutes
- Work with staff to create strategic event opportunities based upon association goals and objectives
- Select appropriate event venues and oversee all logistics
- Manage budget based on cost/revenue analysis; coordinate reservations and payment processing
- Manage relationships with Foundation data managers as related to database event module
- Negotiate sponsorships, vendor services contacts and oversee fulfillment
- Recruit and organize staff and volunteers for event functions
- Hire and supervise needed student interns
35% of Time the Alumni Relations Senior
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Alumni Relations Senior
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Some Travel Necessary
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.