Job Standard for Alumni Relations Specialist
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
- Work Type: Non- Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 75530
- Pay Grade: P7
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family:External Affairs
- Function: Alumni
This position is responsible for revenue generation for all alumni relations programs.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve
- Ability to compose written material with a succinct message and free of spelling or grammatical errors
- Experience communicating with people outside the university, representing the university to customers, the public, and other external sources
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment
60% of Time the Alumni Relations Specialist
- Create and implement an annual membership acquisition/retention plan
- Provide leadership in developing long-term strategies for membership revenue goals
- Oversee member benefits program
- Ensure effective use of alumni database to achieve desired membership results
- Produce statistical reports and analysis of campaign results
- Manage all aspects of customer relations as connected to membership program
- Coordinate Annual Member Appreciation Event
- Coordinate appropriate alumni board committees
- Create/manage membership value proposition statements and strategies
- Facilitate advertising, social media, and web messaging in concert with UA marketing colleagues and/or external marketing entities
- Monitor and implement best industry practices
35% of Time the Alumni Relations Specialist
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Alumni Relations Specialist
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Some travel may be required
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.