Job Standard for Annual Giving, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Annual Giving, Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75112
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Manager
- Family: External Affairs
- Function: Development
Responsible for developing and executing effective strategies for soliciting annual gifts prospects and building the leadership annual giving program.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5 years experience, including 1 year managerial experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manage an annual giving program through the complete process of acquiring new members and moving them through the donor continuum process.
- Ability to think through complicated processes and have exceptional problem-solving skills.
- High level of communication skills and ability to work effectively with donors, both oral and written communication.
- Experience and ability to use and develop digital marketing strategies for annual fund campaigns.
- Strong understanding of the philosophy of quality service and the group process with proven aptitude for working as part of a team and fostering the principles of community.
- Proven ability to plan, train, manage, and mentor student staff and set priorities to direct others in the maintenance of established high standards of work production and ethics.
- Must be available as needed for evening and/or weekend work coinciding with events and meetings.
60% of Time the Annual Giving, Senior Manager must:
- Develop an annual giving plan as part of operational planning and budgeting.
- Implement, coordinate, and execute an effective and efficient membership drive, to include supervision and management of ambassador fundraising groups, crowdfunding, and special micro-campaigns.
- Administration of member benefits and fulfillment, includes developing communication strategies with Bronco Athletic Association support staff to enhance the digital member experience.
- Increase annual fund membership and revenue through comprehensive and data driven donor marketing strategies.
- Ability to develop, implement and execute a donor relations stewardship and recognition plan for members.
- Work with stakeholders to integrate a streamlined season ticket and annual giving membership acquisition process.
- This position will communicate and educate donors in regard to the priority point system benefits chart, annual renewal for memberships and parking requests.
- This position will supervise other positions.
- This position will have a leadership annual giving portfolio of donors to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward for additional gifts to athletics with focus on philanthropic giving.
35% of Time the Annual Giving, Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Annual Giving, Senior Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Annual Giving, Senior Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.