Job Standard for Art Model 1
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Art Model 1 Overview
- Person Group: Non-Classified/Professional
- Job Code: 95051
- Pay Grade: F
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Career Level: Level 1
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
To function as a Portrait Art Model for Art Classes (clothed)
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.
Understand spoken English and follow directions to demonstrate understanding
Ability to hold a pose without moving for extended period of times
Manage time to ensure prompt arrival to modeling location
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Awareness of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without ‘giving out’ or fatiguing.
60 % of Time Art Model 1 will:
- Perform a variety of poses as directed by Art Instructor
- Coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
35% of Time Art Model 1
- Can be determined by department needs
5% of Time Art Model 1
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection
Art Model 2
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, may be required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.