Job Standard for Associate Director of Cyber Operations and Reliance (CORe) Program
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Associate Director of Cyber Operations and Reliance (CORe) Program Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75880
- Pay Grade: P10
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Academic Programs
- Function: Academic Support
The Associate Director of the Cyber Operations and Resilience (CORe) Program primary responsibility involves all manners of CORe program management. This may also include maintaining CORe curriculum, teaching and assisting instructors, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5 years experience including 1 years managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced level of oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and abstract thinking skills.
- Good knowledge of program management skills.
- Ability to assess student educational goals and to create graduation plans based on those goals.
- Ability to create, articulate, and assess course learning outcomes.
- Ability to generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with the corporate community, maintain a high level of communication skills and work well with a diverse group of people.
60% of Time the Associate Director of Cyber Operations and Reliance (CORe) Program must:
- Teach, mentor and advise CORe students
- Creating course materials (syllabus, handouts, presentations, etc.)
- Online course development/maintenance
- Direct experiential learning, internship, and prior learning activities for undergraduate students
- Contribute to CORe program/curriculum development, enrollment projections, budget, schedules courses, hires instructors, promotes the program, and supervises department staff
- Data analysis, self-study accreditation reviews, and department annual reports
- Collaborate on assessments for students and may review course/instructor evaluations
- Serve as an advocate for the university and act in the best interest of the university
- Maintain professional flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing processes, program information and priorities.
- Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects.
35% of Time the Associate Director of Cyber Operations and Reliance (CORe) Program
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Associate Director of Cyber Operations and Reliance (CORe) Program
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Some travel with overnight stay may be required for the Associate Director of Cyber Operations and Reliance (CORe) Program
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.