Job Standard for Athletic Equipment Operations Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletic Equipment Operations Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75652
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
To support team operations for Boise State Football, including practices, travel logistics and equipment operations.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Managerial and scheduling experience with direction student managers and workers
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
60% of Time the Athletic Equipment Operations Coordinator must:
- Provide facility coordination & scheduling as needed in support of the department’s event management mission.
- Work closely with football coaches and staff to insure effective locker room management including, laundry and equipment management, locker room setup, and insures all uniforms and team equipment are in place for all competitions and practices.
- Assist with oversight of the day to day operations of the Bleymaier Football Center Equipment Room to include assisting with the yearly budget for equipment operations. Display fiscal responsibility with regards to the operations
- Supervise students who carry out team operations as delegated.
- Assist with ordering of football equipment and apparel under the direction of the Associate Director.
- Work with other support staff and coaches to provide professional atmosphere for teams and officials at the practice and competition site.
35% of Time the Athletic Equipment Operations Coordinator
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletic Equipment Operations Coordinator
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Athletic Equipment Operations, Supervisor
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.