Job Standard for Athletic Equipment Operations, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletic Equipment Operations, Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75657
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
This position directs all aspects of the Athletic Department’s football team equipment services function which entails supervision of athletic equipment issue, coordination of equipment purchasing, equipment maintenance & repair, laundry services, equipment storage, safety and quality assurance and inventory management as well as related duties associated with the support of daily practice and home competitions.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5 years including 1 managerial
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and compliance with NCAA, conference and university rules and regulations.
- Experience and knowledge in the management and maintenance of athletic team equipment and uniforms.
- Excellent communication skills to work as a high level customer service representative for event patrons.
- Knowledge of supervisory skills
60% of Time the Athletic Equipment Operations, Senior Manager must:
- Oversees all aspects of the athletic department equipment operations.
- Manages and oversees the issuing of all practice and game equipment to student-athletes;provides proper fitting equipment; launder all uniforms and practice gear; prepare and pack all gear for home and away contests and assign and check in all athletic lockers.
- Supervises, provides training and direction, and evaluates full-time and part-time staff, student assistants and team managers in support of the department equipment operations for 18 sport programs.
- Works cooperatively with coaches and administration to support strategic planning, budget management, crisis management, review and analysis for all areas related to administration of the equipment room operations.
- Provides in-service training for use of equipment to student-athletes, coaches, visiting teams, and equipment room assistants.
- Manages home game operations in compliance with Boise State University, State of Idaho, Conference, and NCAA game operations and facility use guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Keeps accurate electronic records of all transactions involved in the receiving, storing, and quality control of athletic gear and other items as assigned.
35% of Time the Athletic Equipment Operations, Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletic Equipment Operations, Senior Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Travel is required with overnight stay for the Athletic Equipment Operations, Senior Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.