Job Standard for Athletic Equipment Operations, Supervisor
https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs-job-levels-job-standards/job-standard-for-athletic-equipment-operations-supervisor/View in Google Docs/Download
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletic Equipment Operations, Supervisor Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75503
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Supervisor
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
This position directs all aspects of the Athletic Department’s football team equipment services function which entails supervision of athletic equipment issue, coordination of equipment purchasing, equipment maintenance & repair, laundry services, equipment storage, safety and quality assurance and inventory management as well as related duties associated with the support of daily practice and home competitions.
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. Sets and delegates day-to-day tasks to achieve operational objectives. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Problems typically involve a single area, process or constituent group. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and compliance with NCAA, conference and university rules and regulations.
- Experience and knowledge in the management and maintenance of athletic team equipment and uniforms.
- Excellent communication skills to work as a high level customer service representative for event patrons.
- Knowledge of supervisory skills
60% of Time the Athletic Equipment Operations, Supervisor must:
- Manages and oversees the issuing of all practice and game equipment to student-athletes and provides proper fitting equipment; launders all uniforms and practice gear; prepares and packs all gear for home and away contests; assigns and checks in all athletic lockers; produces nameplates for all student-athletes for award jackets and facilitates purchasing process. Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises, provides training and direction, and evaluates part-time help, student assistants, and team managers in support of Football and other sports as assigned.
- Works cooperatively with coaches and administration to support strategic planning, budget management, crisis management, review, and analysis for all areas related to administration of the Equipment Room operations.
- Provides in-service training for use of equipment to student-athletes, coaches, visiting teams, and Equipment Room assistants.
- Primary direct responsibility is support of football equipment services. Also manages staff in support of other sports as assigned.
- Keeps accurate records of all transactions involved in the receiving, storing, and quality control of athletic gear and other items as assigned.
35% of Time the Athletic Equipment Operations, Supervisor
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletic Equipment Operations, Supervisor
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.