Job Standard for Athletic Event Coordinator, Associate
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletic Event Coordinator, Associate Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75103
- Pay Grade: P4
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Associate
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
This position will coordinate Athletic Department events and all outside rental events held in Athletic facilities. They will also manage facility scheduling and calendars for special events in all athletic department facilities.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues
- Client-facing and customer service expertise, including effective and professional oral and written communication, as well as confident interpersonal interaction.
- Knowledge of event scheduling methods, facility use agreements and event planning process.
- Ability to make quick, rational decisions
60% of Time the Athletic Event Coordinator, Associate must:
- Manage athletic department events in the Stueckle Sky Center and outside group events in other athletic department facilities
- Maintain event schedules, coordinate the event planning and approval process, assist in administering facility and event management policies.
- Supervise event staff working rental events to ensure proper management of events.
- Responsible for overseeing securing areas of assignment on a predetermined schedule. This includes turning out lights and locking doors of the entire facility, once the event is complete.
35% of Time the Athletic Event Coordinator, Associate
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletic Event Coordinator, Associate
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Athletic Event Coordinator, Associate
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.