Job Standard for Athletic Event Operations, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletic Event Operations, Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75110
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
Responsible for oversight of athletic event operations, facility rentals, Stueckle Sky Center event and facility management, and Boas Tennis and Soccer Facility management. Serve in key roles with home football game operations, hosting of collegiate championship events, and stadium concert rentals.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years experience or equivalent including 1 year managerial
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of university purchasing procedures and appropriate interaction with service vendors
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, NCAA, conference and university rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices
- Intercollegiate athletic facility supervision experience at the Division I level, including football home game management.
60% of Time the Athletic Event Operations, Senior Manager must:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of Boise State Athletics home game operations.
- Primary game manager for various sports as determined by Associate AD.
- Oversee daily event and facility operations of the Stueckle Sky Center.
- Work closely with the Associate Athletic Director for Facilities and Operations to ensure that effective safety, security, budgetary, and institutional oversight systems are in place and acceptable results are achieved.
- Oversee event staff to include, full-time, graduate assistants and student workers. Oversee the event operation graduate assistant program. Conducts service contracting and procurement activities and manages contracts.
- Develops facility use policies and procedures.
- Directs all aspects of Bronco home game management and operations for all sports including official’s coordination, game staffing, set-up, contracts, conference liaison, quality assurance, and guest relations and event security. Assures coverage of all athletic home games with trained game operations staff.
- Develops and manages asset protection, facility security operations and systems.
35% of Time the Athletic Event Operations, Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletic Event Operations, Senior Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.