Job Standard for Athletic Operations Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletic Operations Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75893
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
Assists the Head Coach with any and all matters pertaining to the day-to-day operations of the program.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus 2 years experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Must have sport specific coaching experience and/or playing experience and/or administrative experience.
- Must have the ability to communicate well with prospective student-athletes, current student-athletes and staff, and maintain a high level of people skills.
60% of Time the Athletic Operations Coordinator must:
- Oversee all matters that pertain to the day-to-day operations of the program.
- Hire and supervise all graduate assistants and team managers
- Athletic Business Office liaison relating to program and/or coaching staff business
- Coordinate practice times and any other needs of the visiting team
- Organize all areas of multiple camps/clinics, including but not limited to, budget, apparel purchase, staffing, day-to-day activities, facility rentals, etc.
- Oversee the coach and player pass lists for tickets
- Have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Pass NCAA certification test (if required).
35% of Time the Athletic Operations Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletic Operations Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.