Job Standard for Athletic Promotions Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletic Promotions Coordinator Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75554
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
Responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operations of the department along with the Assistant Athletic Director for Revenue and Brand Strategies. This position works directly with the Men’s Basketball program along with other Boise State varsity programs on marketing and promotions-related activities with a focus on revenue, attendance, atmosphere and branding.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve.
- Ability to compose written material with a succinct message and free of spelling or grammatical errors.
- Good knowledge of: creative directions and design best practices; the print industry and mailing regulations; developing and implementing communication and marketing plans, and project coordination.
- Experience: implementing marketing and advertising plans across various platforms including social media as well as computer literacy using creative suite software.
60% of Time the Athletic Promotions Coordinator must:
- Apply brand and visual design best practices principles to the development of print, digital, web and social media assets.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to manage, coordinate and deliver on concepts and information to effectively communicate information.
- Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects, including planning, content, layout and publication of marketing materials, turnaround time, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and administer in-game promotions for intercollegiate sports with a direct working relationship with the Boise State Men’s Basketball program, among others.
- Maintain multiple projects while managing a staff that services all Boise State Athletics varsity programs.
- Assist and advance social media and mobile marketing efforts.
- Coordinate promotional events for Boise State Athletics with a focus on increasing ticket sales and overall community engagement.
- Develop, coordinate and administer in-game video board operations with other members of the marketing staff to increase fan interaction at all Boise State home events.
- Administer new and effective ways for Boise State Athletics to interact with fans while attending home athletic events.
- Create and strategically plan new opportunities for Boise State Athletics to increase its exposure in the local community to increase sales, brand affinity and goodwill.
35% of Time the Athletic Promotions Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletic Promotions Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Not applicable for Athletic Promotions Coordinator
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.