Job Standard for Athletic Sports Operations Coordinator, Senior
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Ath Sports Ops Coord, Senior Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75515
- Pay Grade: P10
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
This position will be a key component for student-athlete activities and life skills away from the football field. The purpose is to continually be developing the student-athletes in the program so they leave Boise State with the best life skills and education foundation possible. This position will take the student-athletes from the time they sign their letter of intent to attend Boise State and spend the next 4-5 years in continual development.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field with limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes and problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree and 5 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.
- Must have football coaching experience and/or playing experience and/or administrative experience.
- Experience mentoring and developing student-athletes at the collegiate level.
60% of Time the Ath Sports Ops Coord, Senior must:
- Develop and implement the life skills program for the football team.
- Work with Director of Student-Athlete Development on student programming to assist the department in completion of a successful program.
- Oversee the Bronco Excellence program to include weekly topics that are discussed with the team relating to life skills and conduct.
- Work with Head Coach and Compliance Office on all scholarship renewals for football student-athletes.
- Assist Associate AD/Student-Athlete Development and football coaching staff with implementation of academic plans for football student-athletes.
- Physically manage and check class attendance of football student-athletes with designated schedule.
- Manage and delegate the commitment time program for football student-athletes.
- Work directly on NCAA initial eligibility rules and evaluations for all prospective student-athletes.
- Implement an expanded and systematic community service program geared to engage our players in service to campus and surrounding communities and exceed the required community service goals within the Athletic Department.
- Educate players on public speaking techniques and appropriate messages to say when speaking to the community.
35% of Time the Ath Sports Ops Coord, Senior
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Ath Sports Ops Coord, Senior
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.