Job Standard for Athletic Ticket Operations, Senior Manager
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletic Ticket Operations, Senior Manager Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75895
- Pay Grade: P9
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Senior Manager
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
Oversees all aspects of ticket operations for the athletic department. Reporting to the Associate Athletic Director, Ticket Sales & Operations, this position will be responsible for leading the entire ticket operations unit as well as collaborating to continuously increase revenue for all ticketed sporting events while providing a first-class fan experience.
Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff. Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with autonomy. Manages the accountability and stewardship of human, financial, and often physical resources in compliance with departmental and campus wide goals and objectives. Ensures subordinate supervisors and professionals adhere to defined internal controls with a focus on policy and strategy implementation. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets and requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus 5 years experience including 1 managerial
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA rules
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to handle sensitive situations.
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
60% of Time the Athletic Ticket Operations, Senior Manager must:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the Boise State Athletics ticket office.
- Serve as the ticket operations leader for football.
- Ensure department compliance of all NCAA, Mountain West Conference, and Boise State University rules & regulations.
- Ensure policies & procedures are up-to-date with other industry standards.
- Supervise staff consisting of full-time, part-time, and student workers, while administering training on how to operate the ticketing system, cash handling procedures, and customer service practices including helping to resolve customer service issues.
- Build and manage various products in the ticketing system.
- Maintain accurate information in the ticketing database and work with the athletics business office to prepare financial reports.
35% of Time the Athletic Ticket Operations, Senior Manager
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletic Ticket Operations, Senior Manager
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and requiring wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.