Job Standard for Athletic Ticket Operations, Supervisor
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletic Ticket Operations, Supervisor Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75115
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Supervisor
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
To manage the ticket office in the areas of customer service, supervision of employees, security and cash handling procedures, processing of season ticket orders and individual tickets transactions.
Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of operational or technical employees. Sets and delegates day-to-day tasks to achieve operational objectives. A portion of time may be spent performing individual tasks related to the unit; however, supervisory activities must constitute a primary part of the job. Supervises unit operations to ensure compliance with departmental or campus policies, procedures, and defined internal controls. Problems typically involve a single area, process or constituent group. Ensures accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental standards and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations regarding compliance issues
- Knowledge of supervisory practices
- Experience and understanding of ticket sales, marketing and distribution of a ticket program
60% of Time the Athletic Ticket Operations, Supervisor must:
- Build season events in the ticketing system for designated sports
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all policies, NCAA rules, membership level, schedules, ticket packages and pricing.
- Ensure all season ticket holder tickets and memberships are paid and current before the season tickets are mailed out for football.
- Respond to written and verbal inquiries.
- Resolve customer complaints and problems regarding tickets sales and seating.
- Train staff how to operate the computerized ticketing system, cash handling procedures and customer service.
- Assist with establishing goals, objectives and strategic planning.
- Act as ticket office representative at all sports, as assigned and as needed.
- Coordinates with all coaches the procedures and follows through on the recruit ticketing for all events in accordance with NCAA regulations. This involves collecting the data, making the list and informing the coaches regarding policy and procedure. Filing and maintaining up to date records.
35% of Time the Athletic Ticket Operations, Supervisor
- Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletic Ticket Operations, Supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Athletic Ticket Operations, Manager
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.