Job Standard for Athletic Ticket Sales & Operations, Director
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs.
- Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position.
- This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee.
- After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Athletic Ticket Sales & Operations, Director Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75029
- Pay Grade: P11
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Director
- Family: Athletics
- Function: Athletic Services
This position is responsible for the management and oversight of the entire ticket for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Manages a large team typically consisting of both experienced professionals and subordinate Managers. Focuses on tactical and operational plans with short to mid term focus; significant responsibility to achieve broadly stated goals through subordinate Managers. Determines objectives, directs programs, develops strategies and policies, manages human, financial and physical resources and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead a project or program teams in one dept/job family. Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Determines campus strategies for a program with campus wide impact.
Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years professional experience including 3 years managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA rules
- Experience and understanding of ticket sales, marketing and distribution of a ticket program
- Ability to manage, organize and motivate staff
- Knowledge of current business issues and trends including marketing strategies, processes, and available resources.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and implement creative revenue-generation plans, programs, and initiatives.
- Outstanding interpersonal, community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
60% of Time the Athletic Ticket Sales & Operations Director must:
- Lead and develop strategic and creative solutions for ticket office and ticket sales staff to increase ticket revenue. Includes data analytics and creative timely reporting.
- Develop, manage and execute a multi-year ticket sales campaign, with a primary focus on Football and Men’s Basketball season tickets, mini plans, suites/hospitality, group and individual game sales to maximize customer relations and revenue, in conjunction with external department units.
- Participate in the development of pricing, targets, inventory management, and relationship strategies while analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of sales programs, methods, costs and results.
- Develop and enhance relationships with current season ticket holders to increase business development opportunities through exceptional customer service and referrals.
- Work with creative services and marketing departments to maximize creative marketing efforts with existing and potential new season ticket holder (i.e. include, but not limited to, social media, emails, texting technology, web ads, corporate strategies, and sales campaigns).
- Oversee and supervise staff assisting customers on all facets of daily ticket sales, deposits, marketing, ticket allocations, personnel functions and player guest process to maintain compliance with the rules of NCAA, State and University for the Athletic Ticket Office.
- Maintain knowledge of department ticketing software for ticket sales efforts. Act as liaison between Bronco Athletics and ticketing software company.
- Evaluate all policies and procedures for relevance and updates to keep up with technology and current rules and regulations from departmental, University, Conference, State, Federal and NCAA groups.
35% of Time the Athletic Ticket Sales & Operations Director
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Athletic Ticket Sales & Operations Director
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Ability to travel
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.